I have two girls.
To say that my two girls are very girly girls might be the understatement of the century.
In our house we have a lot of pink, a lot of sparkles, (lots of drama!) and my hubby is definitely outnumbered.
If you have girls, then you will understand when I say that we also have a lot of “treasures“, super important things that need a special place to live.
This project is fairly easy, a great way to use up bits and pieces from your scrap bin (or a fab excuse to shop the pretty paper aisle if you don’t have a scrap bin;)
I started with a couple of plain wood jewelry boxes you can find in the unfinished wood section of Michaels.Gather your supplies. You are going to need the jewelry box, mod podge (of course!) bits of scrapbook paper, paint and any extra embellishments you wan to add.
I painted both boxes completely, including the insides of each drawer.
I picked colors that worked for each of my girls. Chelsea’s room is yellow but she loves anything and everything pink. I also know that she would pick off any extra embellishments that I added, so I just skipped that step.Cut your paper to the size of each drawer front, and the top, back and sides of the box. Adhere using mod podge, make sure you smooth down the sides and corners really well.
To work around the knobs was a little tricky, I ended up using a hold punch a couple of times where the knob needed to be and cutting a slit up to the edge of the paper. Once you have it mod podge’d back together, it’s not very noticeable. You could also add gems around each knob if you really wanted to hide the seam.
I chose to ink all the edges, especially for Chelsea’s as it was going to be the only embellishment! I used a make up sponge and a stampin up! ink pad.Once the ink had a good amount of time to dry give it a couple of coats of mod podge.
At that point you can call it a day, or go ahead and add a few embellishments.Meghan’s edges were all inked, one drawer front got a sparkly purple “m” and there are some black gems (irock) added to a couple of the drawers.I also sanded down each papered edge before I inked them and added the final coats of mod podge. Just to make sure everything was nice and smooth, and firmly adhered.
It’s been a super busy (but productive!!) week around here, I have a couple of client projects almost finished and on top of that my baby turns 4…
Linking up with: